Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife is a part of Ken Onion Chef Knife products library. To see this Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife in stock for product, click the link above and come over and then you will get this item about Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife .
This specific product of Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife posted by Garner. You can see a library of Ken Onion Chef Knife. Get segments interesting article about Ken Onion Chef Knife that may help you. If you're trying to seek out Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife with the easiest value. $ead the review on Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife, it's reasonable price. Thanks for your visit Best Buy Knives Store.
Ken Onion Series
Why Buy Shun Classic Ken Onion
As part of the Shun Classic line, the Shun Classic Ken Onion Series shares the same materials and Pattern Damascus clad blades as Shun Classic. But the Ken Onion series elevates ergonomics to an art form. Every aspect, from the shape of the blade to the way the handle fits snugly into the user's hand, has been designed for superlative comfort and control. The arc of the sleek Pakkawood handle provides stability, while the rock of the blade's belly enables users of any height to cut with ease and control. The widened bolster guides users to the correct grip and reduces tension during cutting, making this line ideal for users who have large quantities of prep work or those who suffer from arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome.
NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Designed by Ken Onion, one of the most revered custom knife designers in the world. Ken has won more knife design awards than any other single blade designer.
- Designed by a man with no culinary experience, an advantage because he addressed the needs of chefs from a fresh perspective with no preconceived notions.
- The handsome, stick-resistant blade is combined with Ken Onion's signature ergonomic handle design and unique blade sweep found only in a Ken Onion knife.
- The shape of the blade is designed to maximize the glide of the blade across the cutting board, making it easy for chefs of any height to use without shoulder tension.
- Blunted blade nose, like that of a Santoku, allows the cook to scoop chopped ingredients off of the board.
- Ambidextrous handle design and stability bump on the lower portion of the handle provide maximum comfort and confidence while cutting.
- Inner curve on each side of the bolster forms perfect thumb and index finger rests; widened bolster releases tension in forearm.
- Knife is "zero balanced" at this center point, another distinctive ergonomic feature.
- Handle is curved downward to more closely match the shape of the palm, eliminating gaps between the hand and the handle.
- Handles are slightly elevated to allow for full contact between the knife and the cutting surface without the cook's knuckles getting in the way.
- Many of the 37 steps required to manufacture these truly unique knives utilize extensive hand crafting techniques, requiring trained craftsmen.
- Hand wash and dry recommended; limited lifetime warranty.
Contrary to rumor, Ken Onion knives are not named for the singular task of chopping onions. That's really the designer's last name. Ken is one of the most sought-after custom knife makers in the world. He has won more knife awards for design than any other single designer, and with the partnership of Kershaw he has done more to change the pocket knife industry than any other individual. His custom knives can be found in some of the most prestigious private knife collections as well as in the pockets of his multitude of fans.
Kasumi Method of Knifemaking
Kasumi is a traditional Japanese style of knifemaking in which an extremely hard core of high-carbon steel is clad--that is, sheathed or covered--with an exterior jacket of another steel. The somewhat "softer" exterior cladding protects the inner cutting core. In Japanese, kasumi means "mist" and is so called because the exterior steel can have a lovely misty appearance when compared to the harder cutting core.
Kasumi construction provides an ultimate mix of properties: an extremely sharp edge and ease of sharpening. This clad construction is similar to how samurai swords are traditionally made.
|Blade Material:||VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side, for a total of 33 layers of metal.|
|Cutting angle:||16 degrees (comprehensive angle 32 degrees)|
|Handle Material:||PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); ambidextrous handle|
|Sharpening recommendations:||Weekly honing to maintain the blade, sharpening as needed with professional sharpener or Asian-style electric sharpener|
Shun knives, made in Japan by KAI (Kershaw Cutlery), are quite possibly the sharpest knives on the market. A Shun edge, formed to an acute 16-degree angle, won't bend or waver due to the hardness of the VG-10 steel core used in its construction. Clad with 32 layers of high-carbon stainless steel (16 on each side), the blade resists rusting and maintain its razor edge for a considerable time. Prized among chefs who value uniformly thin slices, a necessity in Japanese cuisine, Shun knives are covered by a lifetime warranty and should be washed and dried-carefully-by hand, then stored in a wooden block.(the wooden block is not included with this item) --Ann Bieri
- 10-inch Shun chef's knife with ergonomic Ken Onion-designed handle
- Handcrafted in Japan of incredibly sharp, strong VG-10 steel
- Beautiful black Pakkawood handle provides tension-free control
- Damascus-style ripples on blade help release food for clean, swift chopping and slicing
- Wash by hand; lifetime warranty; gift-boxed
kai shun ken onion dm-0507 chefs knife
At http://www.knivesshophq.ddns.info, finding the best Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife at a great price is easier than ever!
If you are not sure about the part number or want to know more about the Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife, Our products are available online and you can get more information concerning the products by visiting our website.
Enjoy, your Shun Ken Onion 10-Inch Chef'S Knife, Garner. Here is our recommendations for the Ken Onion Chef Knife.