Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife is a part of Ken Onion Chef Knife products library. To see this Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife in stock for product, click the link above and come over and then you will get this item about Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife .
This specific product of Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife posted by Emory. You can see a library of Ken Onion Chef Knife. Get segments interesting article about Ken Onion Chef Knife that may help you. If you're wishing to find Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife with the most effective value. $ead the review on Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife, it's reasonable price. Thanks for your visit Best Buy Knives Store.
A useful addition to any cutlery collection, this slicing knife by Shun features a narrow, tapered 8-1/4-inch blade with the traditional Japanese single-bevel edge and hollow-ground back. Use it for cleanly and effortlessly slicing through meat without any undue pressure required. Most often used for preparing sashimi, or sliced raw fish, the knife also works well for slicing honey baked ham, savory roasts, and other large cuts of meat.
Like other knives in the Shun Pro line, the knife features a marvelous graffiti-etched blade made of pure high-carbon VG10 steel, which holds a razor-sharp edge longer than other premium steels. The blade's acid-etched design is slightly different with each style of knife, while consistently and cleverly incorporating the Shun logo neatly into the overall arrangement for a distinct and professional look. The knife also comes equipped with a D-shaped PakkaWood handle for a comfortable, secure grip. Though dishwasher-safe, Shun recommends washing the knife by hand for best results. The knife measures 12-1/5 by 8/9 by 1-4/5 inches and carries a limited lifetime warranty.
From the Manufacturer
Why Buy Shun Pro
For the true Japanese food aficionado, nothing compares to the scalpel-like precision of a single bevel blade. The newly updated Shun Pro line features the same incredibly sharp chisel edges as in the past, combined with D-shaped PakkaWood handles, which lend a secure and comfortable grip. The beautiful graffiti-etched blade is made with high carbon VG10 steel, which takes and holds an edge longer than comparable knives. The blade backs are gently hollow ground, creating an air pocket between the knife and the food being cut, so the knife glides through food with quick precision. For those chefs who are truly into the Japanese method of cooking, the wide Shinogi (or blade bevel) makes sharpening these knives on a whetstone practically effortless. Knife styles in this line include the Deba (a multi-purpose prep knife), the Yanagiba (a long slicing knife perfect for sashimi), and the Nakiri (a vegetable chopping knife). These knives are essential for cooks who are seeking to prepare true Asian cuisine.
NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- These knives feature a 1/2-inch wide Shinogi and single-bevel blade design preferred by Japanese chefs, to maintain cutting consistency, a critical element in Japanese cooking
- Traditional Japanese blade design for the ultimate knife connoisseur--single-beveled edge with a hollow ground (or concave ground) back; this means only the cutting edge of the blade touches the food for superior stick resistance and the cleanest cuts
- Constructed of 2.5 mm of pure, high-carbon VG-10 stainless-steel "super steel", composed of carbon, chromium, cobalt, manganese, molybdenum, silicon, and vanadium
- Single bevel edge, designed for precision cuts, slices efficiently and stays sharp over time
- These knives can easily be maintained by sharpening on a fine-grit whetstone or through professional sharpening
- Honyaki-style knife construction, consisting of one piece of steel
- Due to the single sided bevel design, Shun Pro knives are best suited for right-handed cooks
- D-shaped Pakkawood handles
- Sharpened using 1000 grit whetstone
- Hand wash and dry recommended; limited lifetime warranty
Honyaki Method of Knifemaking
Whereas a knife made by the kasumi method has a cutting core jacketed with another steel, honyaki knives are made from a single piece of steel--usually very hard, high-carbon steel. Honyaki-method knives can be sharpened to an exquisitely sharp edge and retain that edge for a longer period of time.
Because of the hardness of the steel and the precision of the processes needed to "treat" the steel properly, honyaki knives are more difficult to make and more labor-intensive than kasumi knives. As you might expect, this degree of difficulty makes honyaki knives the most prized and most expensive. The Shun Pro line, which features traditional single-beveled Japanese blade styles, is made by this method.
PakkaWood is a premium handle material made of genuine hardwood impregnated with resin. The resin makes it moisture resistant, strong, and durable. Sanding and buffing brings PakkaWood to a beautiful gloss finish. As with natural wood, no two pieces of PakkaWood are exactly alike.
|Blade Material:||VG-10 hardened Japanese steel, made with 2.5 mm blade stock, brushed for a matte finish.|
|Bevel:||Single-beveled with hollow-ground back.|
|Cutting angle:||16 degrees (comprehensive angle 16 degrees).|
|Handle Material:||Pakkawood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-shaped handle, only available in right-handed version.|
|Sharpening recommendations:||Regular sharpening (as needed) with a whetstone. Soak the whetstone for about 20 minutes, set on a damp cloth for stability, and pull the knife's edge across the whetstone at a 16 degree angle. The wide Shinogi (bevel) on the knife can be used as a guide, making it easy to maintain the knife's sharpness.|
- 8 1/4 Inch Yanagiba knife; single edged and used for creating razor-thin slices of fish and soft meats for sashimi
- Constructed with VG-10 "super steel" that takes and holds a sharp edge longer than comparable knives; wide shinogi (blade bevel) is easy to sharpen with a whetstone
- Beautiful graffiti-etched blade for a strong, classic statement
- Premium pakkawood handles in a classic d-shape to nestle comfortably into the curves of the palm, offering a secure grip
- Dishwasher safe; hand washing and air drying recommended; limited lifetime warranty
SHUN VG0004 Shun Pro Yanagiba Knife 8-1/4 in Blade w/ D Shaped PakkaWood Handle
Lifetime warranty when purchased directly from Amazon.com
At http://www.knivesshophq.ddns.info, finding the best Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife at a great price is easier than ever!
If you are not sure about the part number or want to know more about the Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife, Our products are available online and you can get more information concerning the products by visiting our website.
Enjoy, your Shun Pro 8-1/4-Inch Yanagiba Knife, Emory. Here is our recommendations for the Ken Onion Chef Knife.